Monday, May 12, 2008

easy










-the customer more or less said me: "...I want my thruster to turn on a dime.."
more or less I said him: "...you know, you ll ve got several problems; like the intrinsic speed, the projection, ..."
the guy said: "it doesn t matter at all...I want to turn easy and have a loose board...I want early take off too"
I said: "...but..."
he told me: "do it like you know..."
I didnt said nuthin but inside me I knew that I would have a difficult board ahead..

--some of the problems were that the future surfing will be only in a pointbreak
and an specific hot dogger for beachbreaks is not the way to go..
and the guy wanted only a thruster not less than 5´11´´
wanted volume but not a wide board and not too thick rails

--I did: a 5´11´´ with plenty of rocker all the way; flat bottom to V bottom starting easy in front of the side fins the increasing the V between fins, then fading out rear the back fin; I d put more volume in the chest-front foot area(the guy position is forward) and domed deck there then flatten the deck and thinned the tail to compensate..; the side fins are heavy tilted 7º, 1/4 toe in, all fins are rigids, 20/80 foiled, 1/4 max thickness, 33º rake, 1 1/8 from rail; side fins with more tip area, the side fins are bigger than the back fin, also the back fin has other template, the side fins are closer to the back one, I d put the back fin in a normal position but increased the crack in the swallow tail; rails are 60/40 s semi egg tucked under then hard in the tail, starting besides the front fins and not a shaka forward..
I curved the outline near the "sweet spot" to the tail, no kick in the tail but plenty of rocker at 2´ and a 1´ from the tail (so very loose but with big side fins to hold in the point break drop and bottom turn); the nose thickness is not thinned out, but fading out the chest bulk..; normal nose area, not very pointy;
-2 4 oz Aerialite fiberglass on top, 1 layer on the bottom; Blue pinline, speed finish coat, 10% lighter foam

+this board goes to Spain+

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob?royal said...

love this outline, and board in general of course!
...

so, did he like it?

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Tomorrow he pick up the board
thanks

3:59 PM  
Blogger Patch said...

Another happy customer for sure.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Tomás Eastman said...

Si, yo hubiera hecho más o menos lo mismo.
Va a andar bien
Otro gallego satisfecho

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I hope

...Warren
mmh, yeah, I know I know

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home