Tuesday, June 27, 2006

surf session and the "hit the rock" wave

around 6´ real
in this photo to your left, is the big rock place (check the bowl)
the wave behind was "too big" that breaks to right (this is a left pointbreak)

in this one, due to the position of the photographer, you cant see all the wave size and the complete drop..(the "kind of wave" that you see in front of the drop, was about 60 meters distance from the wave behind yes, I d obtained the photos..this is the wave. The photos are shooted from a distance about 250 to 300 meters (around 275 -325 yards) at least, may be more
its difficult in this shot , due to the digital lens approximation, to see the "ground" the "court", the "field", but the big rock is just there to your left, so I need the space (imagine that after the drop, and to surf about 15 meters or so, I carry some speed) that the guy in front of me "stolen", so I "losted" too much speed and there was no place to insert through...
see that I "straight" the direction (its all in 3 seconds, cause the speed) of the board to dont hit the other guy and I was smashed that rock

12 Comments:

Blogger Equilibrio Global said...

I can't even imagine the size of the rock, but from what you described, it must have been a hard hit, regardless of the size of the rock!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger reverb said...

...its a submerged pointbreak, that in normal tide conditions, you can only see 2 rocks, in the very point of the place...
...when is low tide, you can see all the point submerged about 20 cm (9")...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Equilibrio Global said...

...I see...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Patch said...

Bummer Reverb,

Maybe this will give you time to write some songs while you recoup.

12:03 PM  
Blogger reverb said...

...yeah, Patch I do...

2:57 PM  
Blogger reverb said...

...yeah, Patch I do...

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rob?royal said...

i was begginning to think this was going to be a happy story..

did you know the guy?

6:06 PM  
Blogger reverb said...

...yes I "know" him, I ve seeing him in the water in periodically...

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM THINKING THAT YOU ARE IMPROOF A LOT SINCE THE STARTING TO NOW. I WOULD WHISH SEE THE MODELS WITH CLOTH THAT YOU GOT, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU LL GET A GREAT DESIGN.
YES!!!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE TO PUBLISH YOUR BOOK !!
YOU HAVE TO DO THE BEST FOR IT!!
IS A VERY NICE DESIGN AND I THINK WILL BE A SUCCESFULL ONE.REGARDS

11:17 AM  
Blogger reverb said...

...palinho, the smaller one was

...photographers in the beach

...no Im in La Paloma

12:55 PM  
Blogger reverb said...

...hey anonymous thankx!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home